Chinese New Year Dragon
What you'll need:
- Paper egg carton
- Hole punch
- Yellow craft paint
- Black craft paint
- Paint brush
- Paint with daubers (or BINGO marking paints); or craft paint and paint brushes
- 7mm Wiggle eyes
- 1/4" White pom-pom balls
- Red felt scrap
- Tacky glue
- 2 Jingle bells (1/2")
- Ribbon (we used 1/4" wide)
How to make it:
- Cut the cups apart on the egg carton. Even out the edges so the cup will sit evenly upside down on the table.
- Paint the inside of one cup black for the inside of the mouth. Paint the outside yellow.
- Using as few or as many cups as you wish, paint the outside of the cups yellow. Let dry.
- Using the daubers, let the children paint different color dots on the yellow cups. Let dry.
- Hole punch 2 holes in each cup directly across from each other.
- Lace the ribbon through the holes to tie the dragon together.
- Tie a jingle bell on each end of the ribbon.
- Glue the head on the dragon. Note: You may need to "prop" the head up while it dries.
- Cut a red tongue out of felt and glue inside of mouth.
- Glue 2 pom-poms on top of the head and then glue 2 wiggle eyes attaching them to the pom-poms. (see photo) Let dry.
- If you like, you can add a "leash" through the hole of the dragon to walk it around.