Dragonfly Valentine's Day Card
By: Claudine Casault
Age: 5 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
In Japanese culture dragonflies represent courage, strength, and happiness. Send a friend well wishes this Valentine's Day by sending them this one-of-a-kind bubble card.
Make sure to visit our main Valentine's Day page for even more fun including additonal handmade Valentine's Day cards, Valentine's Day crafts, recipes, printables, and more. Also check out our slideshow of our favorite Valentine's cards.
What you'll need:
- Design cardstock 8 ½" x 11"
- Fake dragonfly
- Gold thread
- Glitter glue
- Black marker
- ½ of a large plastic ball (clear)
- Small gold-colored gold beads (note: young children should not handle these unsupervised)
- Glue gun
- Watered down glue
- Scraps of white cardstock
How to make it:
Step 1: Card Cutout
- Fold design cardstock in half, lengthwise.
- Place ½ of plastic ball approx. 2" from top and center on front of card.
- Trace out a circle.
- Cut out circle on front of card.
- Cut out a very small heart with white cardstock.
Step 2: Bubble and Dragonfly
- Using the hot glue gun, glue half of the plastic ball over top of circle cut out. (The plastic ball will be on the outside of the card, the dragonfly will be on the inside of the card. It will peek through the hole in the front of the card.)
- Apply glitter glue to body of dragonfly (let it dry ).
- Glue dragonfly on inside of card approx 4" from top so that when the card is closed, it is positioned inside the plastic ball.
- Apply a thin amount of watered down glue around dragonfly.
- Sprinkle small gold beads on top of the watered down glue.
Step 3: "Be Mine!" Heart
- Take the small cut out heart and write “Be Mine!” on front using a black marker.
- Apply glitter glue (we used blue) around edge of heart (let it dry).
- Glue one end of the gold thread to back of heart.
- Glue heart on inside of card near bottom right of dragonfly. Make sure that the heart can be seen through the plastic ball when the card is closed.
- Glue other end of gold thread to inside of card and around dragonfly.
- Replace dragonfly with a butterfly
Claudine Casault is a craft developer living in Ontario, Canada.
• Fishy Fish Valentine's Day Card
• Love Bug Valentine's Day Card
• Butterfly Kisses Valentine Card
• Peacock Valentine’s Day Card
• Favorite Valentine's Day Cards
• Homemade Valentine's Cards
• Valentine's Day
• Valentine's Day Crafts
• Valentine's Recipes
• Valentine's Romance
• Valentine’s Coloring Pages