By: Hailey Biback
Age: 5 and up
Put these colorful dreidel magnets on your fridge or use them as gift toppers —a little extra gift for the people you love!
What you'll need:
- White craft glue
- Dreidel stencils
- Magnet strip with adhesive back
- Colored foam craft sheets
- Glitter pens (or loose glitter)
- Black marker
How to make it:
- Print off the Dreidel stencils and cut out the dreidel shapes.
- Choose three or four different coloured foam craft sheets.
- Trace each cut-out dreidel stencil onto the foam craft paper using a black marker.
- Carefully cut out each foam shape. Try to cut just inside the black marker lines so that no leftover ink will show on your shapes. (Tip: If some marker does show, just flip over the foam cutout and use the marker side as the back of your magnet)
- Stack all your cutout dreidel pieces on top of each other, with the largest one on the bottom and the smallest one on the top.
- Using a few dabs of white craft glue, glue each foam cutout on top of the next, twisting them slightly so that they fan out and make a neat design.
- Wait 15-20 minutes for the glue to set and dry. Don’t worry if you can see a little bit of white glue. When it dries, it will become clear.
- Once your dreidel is dry, cut a half-inch piece of magnet off the strip, peel off the paper protecting the adhesive backing and press it firmly onto the back of your foam dreidel.
- Turn it right-side up again and decorate with glitter pens or loose glitter.
- Using a six-inch piece of fishing wire, poke a small hole into the top of your dreidel and pull the wire through so that it looks like a charm on a necklace. Use the wire to attach your magnet to special Chanukah presents.
- Add pre-cut foam letters and shapes to your magnets to personalize them even more.
- Cut out lots of different Chanukah shapes, like Menorahs, Magen Davids (Stars of David), candles and latkes, and glue them all together for a great big festive magnet!