Duct Tape Beach Bag
Age: Elementary+ (9-12) Teenagers (13+) Parents
Create this whimsical beach bag as a gift or a fun bag just for you (it is sure to be a conversation piece!).
What you'll need:
- 20 yards of different colored duct tape
- Scissors or craft knife
- Permanent markers (optional)
How to make it:
- Start by unrolling 16 inches of duct tape, sticky side up.
- Lay it out on your work surface and cut with a scissors or craft knife.
- Cut another 16-inch piece, just as in step one. Lay this piece next to and about one-half inch over the first piece, so the two overlap. Continue this process until you have eight rows of overlapping duct tape.
- Cut another 16-inch piece of duct tape and place it on top of the first row, so that the sticky sides are together. Do this until you have a full sheet of duct tape, now without any sticky sides facing out.
- Repeat the above steps to make another identical sheet of duct tape, use whatever color combinations you like.
- Line up the two pieces, one on top of the other, and trim the sides if needed.
- Join these two pieces by cutting pieces of duct tape to fold around three of the box's sides, creating a tote bag.
- To make handles, cut two 20-inch pieces of duct tape and fold each piece in half lengthwise, creating a long piece. Tape the ends inside the bag.
- Decorate your bag with permanent markers or pieces of duct tape.