Easter Bonnet Pin
By: Amanda Formaro
Age: 5 and up.
Parental supervision is recommended
The tradition of pretty Easter bonnets has been alive for many years. Teach your children about it while they put together this pretty Easter bonnet pin for Grandma’s lapel.
What you'll need:
- Miniature straw hat
- Small silk flowers
- Pastel colored beads
- Thin pastel ribbon
- Hot glue gun
- Pin back
How to make it:
- Glue the ribbon around the hat band and tie into a bow. Let the excess ribbon run long and trim to make even.
- Glue flowers onto the hat brim and glue beads into the center of the flowers.
- Glue a pin back to the back side of the hat.
- Make different colored hats by painting the straw hats with pastel colors.
- If you don’t have silk flowers, make your own out of felt.
- Watch for clearance sales on ribbon, especially seasonal items.