Easter Bunny Cracker Treats
By: Amanda Formaro
Age: 8 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
Too much candy for Easter? Try these adorable yet nutritious Easter bunny cracker treats topped with veggies and cheese! A fun Easter recipe for kids.
What you'll need:
- Water crackers
- Pretzel sticks
- Carrots, julienne strips
- White cheese
- Spreadable cream cheese
How to make it:
- Spread each cracker with a layer of cream cheese. (See photo.)
- Cut two teeth from the center of a radish and press into the cream cheese. (See photo.)
- Place three julienne carrot strips on each side of the cracker for the whiskers. (See photo.)
- Cut two circles from a slice of white cheese (we used white American) and place over the radish teeth and carrot whiskers.
- Cut a triangle from the radish and press into cream cheese above the cheese cheeks. (See photo.)
- Break a pretzel stick in half and press side by side into the cream cheese for one of the ears. Repeat for the other side.
- Break off the tip of a pretzel stick and push into cream cheese for one of the eyes. Repeat for other eye. (See photo.)
- Whole wheat crackers are better for you than those made with bleach flour.
- Experiment with other vegetables, or try with fruits and a sweetened cream cheese dip or peanut butter.
- When children help make their food they are more likely to eat it!