Easter Chick Can Basket
Parental supervision is recommended
A tisket, a tasket, create this Easter basket! Transform a small can into a delightful Easter chick basket for your kids to decorate with Woodsies and fill with goodies.
What you'll need:
- Can, washed and dried (we used short fruit can)
- Yellow craft paint or spray paint
- Orange craft paint
- Paint brushes
- Wax paper or newspaper
- 2 (20mm) Wiggle eyes
- Yellow chenille stem
- 2 (2") Tear drop Woodsies
- 2 (1 1/4") Star Woodsies
- 1 (1 x 1/2") Triangle Woodsies
- Hot glue gun or Tacky glue
How to make it:
- Use wax paper or newspaper to cover the work area.
- Paint the soup can, the 2 Star Woodsies, and the 2 Tear Drop Woodsies yellow. Let dry. You may need more than one coat of paint.
- Paint the Triangle Woodsies with orange paint. Let dry.
- Glue the wiggle eyes and the Triangle Woodsies (beak) on the chick.
- Glue on the wings (Tear Drop) and the feet (Stars). (see photo)
- Glue the ends of the chenille stems to the inside of the can. (see photo)
- Let chick dry completely.
- Fill with Easter grass and little wrapped candies or goodies.