Easter Chick Card
By: Amanda Formaro
Age: 3 and up
Everyone loves a craft that uses a child's hands to create it. This cute and sunny yellow Easter chick card makes a perfect holiday greeting for Mom, Grandma or anyone that you care to share it with.
What you'll need:
- Print the Easter Chick Card sheet (PDF)
- 2 sheets of yellow construction paper
- 1 sheet of orange construction paper
- 2 paper fasteners
- 2 large wiggle eyes
- White craft glue
- Black permanent marker or dark crayon
How to make it:
- Trace child's hands onto yellow construction paper and cut out.
- Use the oval pattern or draw an oval onto the other yellow piece of construction paper. Cut out.
- Lay the oval on the table and position the wings (hand cut outs) behind it, using the photo as a guide.
- When the wings are where you want them, carefully poke the fasteners through the construction paper to attach the wings. Using fasteners allows the wings to flap up and down.
- Using the pattern provided, cut out beak and legs from the orange construction paper.
- Fold the diamond in half to create the beak and glue one side of the diamond to the yellow paper so that the beak is three dimensional and can open and close.
- Glue wiggle eyes above the beak.
- Position the legs under the oval. When you have them where you want them, glue them in place.
- Use the marker or dark crayon to write a message on the front of the card.
- If you don't have wiggle eyes you can simply draw eyes on with a marker, or use black and white construction paper to create your own.
- If you have it available, cardstock is much sturdier than construction paper and will resist tears better.
- Before poking the fasteners through the body of the chick, use a sharp pencil to poke a hole through. Then insert the fastener.
Baby Chick in a Pot Easter Card
Bunny Jumping into a Pot Easter Card
Easter Egg Design Card
Baby Chick Easter Card
Bird's Nest Easter Card
Eggshell Mosaic Card