Easter Egg Wreath
Parental supervision is recommended
Kids can personalize each paper egg before creating this colorful Easter Egg Wreath craft to hang on your door.
What you'll need:
- 6 Paper mache oval shapes
- Paint brush
- Craft paint in pastel colors
- Plaid Fun to Paint Jumbo Dotters
- Wax paper, jar lid, margarine or other plastic lid
- Hot glue gun
How to make it:
- Base coat the paper mache with Gesso. Let dry.
- Paint the oval shapes each a different color of craft paint. Let dry.
- Apply a second coat of craft paint, if needed. Let dry.
- Pour a tiny bit of paint out on the wax paper or lid.
- Assemble the Jumbo Dotter on the handle. Dip the Jumbo Dotter in the paint & apply to the egg desired. Dip back in paint after every application.
- Repeat for rest of the eggs. Let dry thoroughly.
- Use hot glue to adhere the eggs together in a wreath formation.
- Hang on a nail and enjoy!
If this wreath is going to be handled much, you may wish to take a metal coat hanger, cut to an appropriate sized circle for the back of the wreath. Use wire to fasten the two ends together. Hot glue to the back of the wreath. This will give a bit more stability to the wreath.