Easy Easter Tree
Parental supervision is recommended
An easy project to make and let the children decorate. The bucket is easily transformed into a storage tub or used for another holiday since you use vinyl clings to decorate it with.
What you'll need:
- Fallen tree branch (look for one with several little branches)
- White or pink spray paint
- 5 gallon Paint bucket, pickle bucket, or other large container
- Quilts, sheets, afghans (to hold tree upright)
- Easter grass
- Decorations to hang on tree
- Easter or Spring Vinyl Clings
How to make it:
- Lay the branch down on the newspapers. Spray paint the branch. Let dry.
- Turn the branch over and spray paint again. Let dry. You may need to apply additional coats.
- Place afghans, a quilt, or sheets in the bottom of the bucket. Place the bottom of the branch inside the bucket. Use the afghans, sheets, etc. to help "hold" the branch in place.
- Cover the top of the material with Easter grass.
- Place Easter eggs or decorative items in the grass.
- Decorate the tree with Easter decorations that you have made or purchased.
- Add a vinyl cling to the bucket to dress it up. If it has trouble sticking, spray with window cleaner first and then apply.
- Enjoy your Easter tree.
- After Easter, remove your decorations and store them in the bucket, or use the bucket for another holiday tree!