Easy Coffee Filter Angel
By: Amanda Formaro
Age: 6 and up
This pretty little coffee filter angel is perfect as is, but you can dress her up with glitter to give her an extra special glow.
What you'll need:
- 3 basket style coffee filters
- 2 cotton balls
- 6-8” length of silver or gold ribbon
- 1 white chenille stem
- 1 gold chenille stem
- Hot glue gun
How to make it:
- Place two cotton balls in the center of one of the coffee filters (see image).
- Hold the coffee filter with your fingers, gathering the cotton balls in the center to create the angel’s head.
- Place a second coffee filter onto the open end, tucking the filter in a bit into the head area. This will produce the layered effect on the dress (see image).
- While still holding the filter together, tie a piece of gold or silver ribbon around the “neck” and tie a tight bow. Trim ends and set aside (see image).
- Take the third coffee filter and fold it in half, then fold the filter up length-wise accordion style. Wrap a white chenille stem around the center, and then fan out the wings (see image). Fold the excess chenille into a loop for your hanger and twist together at the end.
- Make a halo from the gold chenille by wrapping it around something circular, such as the top of a paint bottle. Twist the ends to form the halo. Trim the long end of the chenille, leaving approximately 3” (see image).
- Have an adult hot glue the halo to the back of the angel so that it is positioned above the head.
- Glue the wings in place behind the angel, hiding the gold chenille from the halo.
- To embellish your angel, try using gold glitter glue or glue and glitter as decoration.
- We do not recommend using markers for facial features as the ink may bleed through the filter.
- If you really want to add facial features, try using a toothpick and acrylic paint.