Easy Dalmatian Hat
Parental supervision is recommended
Kids can craft their own Dalmatian birthday party or Halloween hats with this easy pattern. No bones about it!
What you'll need:
- White construction paper or poster board.
- Black marker or crayon
- Pattern (see below)
How to make it:
- Print the pattern for the dog ears.
Note to Mac Users: Choose "shrink to fit" option on above pattern and see tips area below.
- Cut out the pattern.
- Cut a strip of construction paper or poster board about 1 1/2" wide and long enough to go around the child's head. Note: You may need to tape 2 pieces of construction paper together.
- Trace around the ear piece twice on white construction paper or poster board. Cut out.
- Draw spots on the ears and band as desired with black marker or crayon.
- Fit the strip of construction paper (the band) around the child's head. Tape in place. Cut off any excess. Remove from the child's head.
- Fold the straight end of the ears over about 1/4".
- Tape the bent end of the ear to the inside of the strip. Tape the other ear on the opposite side of the strip. Let the ears flop.
- Let the child put on their ears and have some fun! Have a dog party!
Note the size of the ears we made is approximately 3 1/2" wide x 7" long. You can make the ears any size you wish.