Easy Layered Christmas Tree
By: Amanda Formaro
Difficulty: Very Easy
Age: 4 and up
If you are looking for easy ornaments that even young children can make, this is the project for you. Just a few pieces of felt, a craft stick, and a piece of yarn and you are all set.
What you'll need:
- Jumbo craft stick
- Brown acrylic paint
- 3 shades of green felt, dark, regular and light
- Gold felt
- Felt glue
- 8” piece of yarn
How to make it:
- Paint craft stick brown and set aside to dry.
- Cut triangles from three different shades of green felt using the pattern (see image).
- Cut a star from the gold felt.
- Glue the felt triangles to the brown stick, starting at the bottom. Leave some of the bottom of the stick exposed as the tree trunk (see image).
- Glue the star to the top of the tree (see image).
- Fold yarn into a loop and glue to the back of the craft stick.
- This project can be dressed up more by gluing sequins or beads onto the felt as lights or ornaments.
- You can use glitter glue to add shiny garland!
- For really young kids, cut out the pieces for them and let them glue everything together.