Parental supervision is recommended
Mom will never lose her sewing pins again with this easy Pincushion craft. A great project for kids just learning to sew.
What you'll need:
- Small amount of nice material
- Wooden "curtain ring"
- Big mug or cup or a small bowl
- Stuffing or wadding
- Piece of cardboard
- Pencil or pen
- P.V.A. or strong craft glue
How to make it:
- Trace around your mug or bowl onto the material.
- Cut out the circle you have drawn.
- Sew around the perimeter of the circle with a running stitch. Do not clip the thread ends. Remove the needle. Set aside.
- Trace around your curtain ring onto the card.
- Stick the card to one side of your curtain ring with glue.
- Take the material, and pull the thread tight.
- When the material looks like a tiny little bag, put as much wadding/stuffing in as you can.
- Pull the thread, until the bag is closed.
- Glue the ball you have onto the curtain ring, and wait for it to dry.
- Once dry, this makes a perfect pin cushion.