Easy Witch Costume
By: Mia Cronan
Age: 3 and up
No magical spell needed to conjure up this spooky ensemble in a jiffy. Using a few simple things found at home or at a thrift shop, you can put together the pieces for a traditional Halloween good time.
What you'll need:
- Long black dress
- Black cape
- Black hose, tights, or leggings
- Black, long wig
- Black witch’s hat (from craft or fabric store)
- Green and black face make-up
- Black boots or all-black sneakers
- Old, worn broom
How to make it:
- Apply green make-up all over face. Using black make-up, make a large wart wherever looks best (or worst!) to you (see image).
- Dress your witch in the black dress, hose, and boots, being careful not to smudge make-up on face. Place wig over head, tucking all of your child’s hair underneath.
- Your witch can carry a broom, and off she goes to spook the neighbors!
- We found the black hat at a local craft store, as well as the black wig.
- Low-heeled boots or all-black sneakers are best for trick-or-treating.
- We found a perfect black dress at a thrift shop, but you can also try eBay, Craigslist, or consignment shops.
Mia Cronan is a craft freelancer and mother of five based in Ohio.