Difficulty: Very Easy
Age: 4 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
Here's a fun way to celebrate Earth Day and recycle styrofoam produce trays, creating an eco-mobile that is enjoyed all year long.
What you'll need:
- Recycled styrofoam trays
- Hole punch
- Old magazines
- Ribbon, string, or yarn
- Wire coat hanger
How to make it:
- After thoroughly washing the trays, cut out shapes such as birds, butterflies, sun shapes, fish, and so on.
- Glue magazine pictures (nature scenes) onto the trays and let dry.
- Punch a hole in the top of each shape.
- Place a length of string or yarn through each hole, knot it, and attach these to a wire coat hanger. Vary the lengths of each picture.
- Hang this mobile in your favorite place for the family to see and enjoy.