Edible Noah's Ark
By: Amanda Formaro
Difficulty: Very Easy
Age: 4 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
Make this fun and tasty Noah's Ark craft that is completely edible! This makes for a delectable project for Sunday school or VBS. Can also be a fun Easter craft for your kids.
Be sure to check out all of our Christian crafts for church, Sunday school, or Vacation Bible School. Also more edible crafts.
What you'll need:
- Wax paper
- 2 hard taco shells
- 2 graham cracker squares
- Animal crackers in pairs
- 3 pretzel sticks
- Peanut butter or cake frosting
- Plastic knife
How to make it:
- Line the work surface with a sheet of wax paper.
- Very carefully break the taco shells in half. To make the shell lay flat, ask a grown-up to use a butter knife, laying the shell flat on the table, press the butter knife onto the shell breaking off the rounded bottom.
- Break both graham crackers in half.
- Break one of the pretzel sticks in half make one half a little longer than the other.
- Lay one taco shell half onto the wax paper. Next lay two more taco shell halves on top of the first, overlapping and forming the shape of a boat.
- Place two graham cracker pieces at the top of the two top taco shells, centered. Place a third graham cracker piece centered on top of the first two.
- Place two broken pretzel pieces on top of the top graham cracker, the larger piece first, then the smaller piece on top.
- Line up the remaining two pretzel sticks in a triangular position on top as the roof.
- Position animal crackers in pairs around the tops of the taco shells.
- When you have everything where you want it, use a plastic butter knife and peanut butter or cake frosting to glue everything together.
- Unless you are absolutely certain about a child’s food allergies, it is safer to use cake frosting instead of peanut butter.
- Once your ark is complete, this craft is completely edible! Save it for snack time after Bible stories.
- If you don’t have hard taco shells, soft tortillas are actually an easier alternative. Simply cut in half and follow the rest of the instructions.