By: Kami Bigler
Age: 8 and up
"Eeeek!" is the special exclamation for this fun pumpkin craft. Get the kids to line up this collection of mini pumpkins along your family's walkway to act as a spooky welcome to anyone visiting your doorstep during the Halloween season.
Be sure to visit all of our other ghostly crafts, scary printables, fabulous costume ideas and these spook-tackular Halloween recipes! As well, explore our fall crafts, our great fall recipes and printable activities.
What you'll need:
- 6 mini pumpkins (add more if you'd like)
- Pins or metal brads
- Green floral foam
- Black spray paint
How to make it:
- Decide whether you'd like to use pins, brads, or stickers for this pumpkin project. We used quilting pins for our pumpkin. (See photo.)
- If the pins or brads you are using are not black on the tip, then you can use craft paint or black spray paint to make them black. Place them on some scrap floral foam and paint away! (See photo.)
- One by one push them into the outside of the pumpkin spelling out each letter. You'll need 4 "e"s, one "k", and one exclamation point. (See photo.)
- Once completed line them up on your front porch or your entry table for a look that "screams" Halloween!
- If the outside exterior of the pumpkin is too hard to push anything into it, consider using 3-dimensional stickers. This way you can still get the studded look.
Kami Bigler is the creator of nobiggie.net, where she blogs about all that she loves: paper crafts, recipes, thrifting, and all things holidays.