Egg Carton Spiders
Difficulty: Very Easy
Parental supervision is recommended
Give a group a great craft to make with these egg carton spiders. You can use them as decorations for Halloween or at a Spider-Man birthday party and they also make a great recycling project.
Be sure to visit our main Halloween index for more spooky fun including more crafts, boo-tiful costumes, ghoulish printables and creepy recipe treats. As well, check out our Thanksgiving and Fall crafts for exciting activities!
What you'll need:
- Black paint
- Egg carton
- Awl or small Phillips head screwdriver
- Black pipe cleaners
- Wire cutters
- Wiggle eyes
How to make it:
- Cut the egg carton apart into little cups/sections.
- Using the awl or screwdriver, make eight holes in the bottom edge of each section for the legs.
- Paint the egg carton section black. Let dry.
- Cut the pipe cleaners in half.
- Push the pipe cleaner in through one side of the section and out the opposite side. Bend down the legs.
- Repeat for each of the legs.
- Glue on wiggle eyes.
- Precut the carton and prepare the holes ahead of time for classroom or group use.