Egg Cup Treat Holders
By: Amanda Formaro
Difficulty: Very Easy
Age: 6 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
Make a fun recycled egg cup treat holder to store yummy treats. This kids' Halloween craft your child will love. They can make their own color combinations for a festive and ghoulish decoration.
What you'll need:
- Cardboard egg cups
- Acrylic paint in Halloween colors
- Tissue paper in Halloween colors
- Glue stick
- Medium wiggle eyes
- White craft glue
How to make it:
- Trim egg cups with scissors to give them a neat edge.
- Cut 3” squares from tissue paper.
- Paint egg cups in various Halloween colors and let dry.
- Use glue stick to put a dab of glue in the center of a tissue paper square. Glue side facing downward gently press center of tissue paper into center of the inside of the egg cup.
- Glue two wiggle eyes on each cup.
- Fill with treats.
- Try black with red or purple for a vampire, green with black for Frankenstein, orange and yellow for pumpkins, and so on.
- To give these cups handles, cut skinny chenille stems into thirds and carefully poke a hole in each side of the cup then thread the chenille through.
- Save egg cartons for fun craft projects such as this!