Difficulty: Very Easy
Parental supervision is recommended
Kids can make ordinary candles glitter and glow with this simple, Elegant Candle craft. It's a lovely gift for Ramadan, Hanukkah, Christmas, or just as a 'thank you.'
What you'll need:
- Candles - dripless are the best. The candles can be any length. I used candles over 10 inches.
- Hot Glue Gun
- Glitter hot glue sticks - you can buy these at any craft or fabric store, especially around Christmas time. The glitter glue sticks come in many different colors.
How to make it:
- Select a candle and glitter glue stick that are the color combination you want.
- Put the glitter glue stick in the hot glue gun and let it warm up.
- After the glue gun is warm just squeeze the glitter glue all over the candle (except for the wick and the bottom). You can make a pattern on the candle with the glue or just scribble the glitter glue all over the candle.
- This dries really fast but make sure to not get the glitter glue too far down to the bottom of the candle as you want it to fit in a candle holder.
This can make some very elegant candles depending on the color combination you use. One parent suggests that a red candle with gold glitter glue is quite striking.
Chelesa Rose suggests: Do not buy the prepainted candles as they are harder to work with than the unpainted ones. If you make a mistake it pulls the paint off with the glue.