Elf Shoes Ornament
By: Amanda Formaro
Difficulty: Very Easy
Age: 5 and up
Oh no! One of Santa's elves forgot to take his shoes with him after his visit! Hang them up on your Christmas tree in case he comes back to look for them.
What you'll need:
- ½ sheet green felt
- 3" square piece of red glitter felt
- 6 medium silver pom poms
- 8" piece of green yarn
- Felt glue
How to make it:
- Cut two shoes from the green felt and two cuffs from the red glitter felt using the pattern (see image).
- Glue the red cuffs to the tops of the green shoes (see image).
- Glue two silver pom-poms to the points on the cuff, repeat for other shoe. Glue the remaining two pom poms to the points of the shoes. Let dry.
- Glue yarn to the back of each shoe, creating a hanger (see image).
- Lay the shoes on the work surface and position on shoe layered over the other. When you have them how you want them, glue them together.
- Watch for sales on glitter felt, especially after the holidays.
- Glitter pom poms in silver, gold, green, white, and red are all available from your local craft supply store.
- This is a great project for little ones if you cut the felt pieces out ahead of time for them!