Quilted Easter Egg
Parental supervision is recommended with the use of any sharp tools.
What you'll need:
- Styrofoam egg
- Fabric scraps
- Butter knife or embossing tool
How to make it:
- Cut the fabric into roughly 1" squares.
- Take one square and lay over the egg, right side up.
- Using the butter knife or embossing tool, push one end of the fabric into the styrofoam about 1/4" deep.
- Repeat last step with the opposite side of the fabric.
- Repeat with other two sides.
- Take a second piece of fabric and lay over the egg next to the first piece of fabric. (Note: The first tuck of the second piece of fabric will be entering the same slit as the first fabric did.)
- Tuck the fabric in the same way you did with the first piece of fabric.
- Repeat all over the egg, always making the first tuck touching a previously tucked in piece of fabric.
- Make several eggs, using coordinating fabrics. This is a good way to use up scraps!