By: Amanda Formaro
Age: 7 and up
Trick your friends and family this April Fools' Day with the tasty looking fake cake! When they try to cut into it, they will be more than surprised.
What you'll need:
- Round cake pan
- Container of store-bought frosting
- Sprinkles or nonpareils
- Icing spatula
- Cake plate
- Wax paper
How to make it:
- Place a sheet of wax paper on the table and place the cake pan on top. (See photo.)
- Frost the cake pan using all the frosting. Pay close attention to the edges so they don't show through. (See photo.)
- Carefully slide the wax paper toward the edge of the work surface so that you can get your hand underneath the pan. Remove frosted pan from the wax paper and place it onto the cake plate.
- Use sprinkles or nonpareils to decorate the edges of the cake, especially areas that may have been harder to cover. (See photo.)
- To avoid having to re-frost the cake each time someone is tricked, serve your fake cake for dessert and let someone cut the cake!
- You can pick up generic frosting from the dollar store.
- Instead of sprinkles, use tubed frosting with a decorative tip to cover the edges.