Family Marble Magnets
By: Amanda Formaro
Difficulty: Very Easy
Age: 4 & up
Parental supervision is recommended
Give a set of these adorable little magnets and your parents will need no reminder of how much you love them! These make a perfect gift for Mother's Day or Father's Day.
What you'll need:
- Photographs of family members
- Flat backed clear marbles
- Round magnets
- White craft glue
How to make it:
- Choose photos that have family members smiling and their faces will fit inside the marble. Place the marble onto the photo to gauge size. This is great for using snapshots that don’t have very good framing or are otherwise not frame worthy. (See photo.)
- Once you have decided on a photo, place marble over face and trace around with a pen. (See photo.)
- Cut the face out inside the trace line.
- Use your finger to smear a thin layer of white glue onto the flat back of the marble.
- Press the marble gently down onto the cut out photo face. Allow to dry. 6. Glue a magnet to the back and let dry. (See photo.)
- If you prefer not to cut up photos, kids can draw faces on white paper using crayons. Markers may run with the glue, so crayons are best.
- Make a great gift set by creating magnets using the faces of everyone in your family--Mom, Dad, brother, sister, and even your pet!
- These are perfect for hanging on an office file cabinet, at home on the fridge or on Dad’s toolbox.