Family Photo Puppets
By: Tania Cowling
Difficulty: Very Easy
Age: 3 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
Turn your family snapshots into puppets!
What you'll need:
- Craft sticks
- Family photos
How to make it:
- Invite your child to choose several family photographs (use the photo or make a color copy).
- Cut out the face or figure.
- Tape this photo figure to a craft stick.
- Encourage your youngster to create a scene with a few toys and have these family puppets interact.
- Use a puppet yourself to ask your child's puppet questions and to suggest different themes, such as going shopping or taking a family trip. While you are having fun together, this activity helps your child develop language and social skills.
- The simplest way to use your puppets is by sitting on the floor, facing each other. Talk to each other, sing, make your puppets dance, and so on.
- Another way is by using a tabletop, sitting on either side of the table.
- If you want to do a presentation for family and friends, tip the table over onto one side with the tabletop facing the audience. You now have a table stage (you are behind it and you can manipulate your puppets to show above).