Fancy Fish Valentine's Day Card
By: Claudine Casault
Age: 3 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
Make someone's Valentine's Day go swimingly with this darling aquatic animal. This fish takes a turn for the fancy when decorated with glitter and a dressy pearl necklace.
Make sure to visit our main Valentine's Day page for even more fun including additonal handmade Valentine's Day cards, Valentine's Day crafts, recipes, printables, and more. Also check out our slideshow of our favorite Valentine's cards.
What you'll need:
- Glitter glue (2) colors (recommended: pink and aquamarine)
- Small pearls (25) (note: small children should be supervised when using these materials)
- Thin black marker
- Peach-colored paper
- Pink glitter cardstock
- Heart-shaped hole puncher
- Aquamarine-colored cardstock
- White cardstock
- White marker
- Glue gun
How to make it:
Step 1: Pattern Card Cutout
- Trace and cut out fish patterns with pink glitter cardstock.
- Trace and cut out fish fins patterns with aquamarine cardstock.
- Trace and cut out fish lips pattern with white cardstock.
- Trace and cut out fish face pattern with peach-colored paper.
Step 2: Body of Fish
- Glue two fish patterns together at tail only.
- Glue peach paper face on fish card.
- Using a heart hole puncher, punch out several hearts from aquamarine cardstock.
- Glue hearts on body of fish to create scales along the body.
- Draw in eye using white and black marker.
Step 3: Add Glitter and Pearls
- Pipe fish tail, fins and edge of face with aqua glitter glue (let it dry).
- Glue front fins to front and back of fish card.
- Pipe and cover fish lips with pink glitter glue (let it dry).
- Glue lips on fish card.
- Pipe aquamarine glitter glue along edge of face and base of tail.
- Glue small pearls along edge of face and base of tail.
- Rub pink glitter glue on face and cheeks of fish.
- Replace pearl beads for diamonds or multi-colored beads
Claudine Casault is a craft developer living in Ontario, Canada.
• Funky Copper Heart Valentine’s Card
• Valentine Scroll Card
• Beaded Love Card
• Key to My Heart Valentine’s Day Card
• Favorite Valentine's Day Cards
• Homemade Valentine's Cards
• Valentine's Day
• Valentine's Day Crafts
• Valentine's Recipes
• Valentine's Romance
• Valentine’s Coloring Pages