Fishing Father's Day Card
By: Bonnie Schiedel
Age: 4 and up
Paper scrapbooking stickers make this card look extra-special - and it's so easy to make! Just pick up some stickers that relate to dad's favorite pastime, whether it's gardening, cheering on a NASCAR team, or going fishing.
What you'll need:
- White cardstock cut to 10" x 4 ½"
- 2 pieces of green cardstock, 2" square
- 2 pieces of blue cardstock, 2" square
- Paper scrapbooking stickers
- Adhesive, such as double-sided sticky tape, glue stick, liquid glue or mini glue dots
- Paper trimmer or scissors
How to make it:
- Fold white cardstock in half so it's 5" wide and 4 ½" tall.
- Glue the blue cardstock to the top left and bottom right corners.
- Glue the green cardstock to the top right and bottom left corners. Eyeball the placement so the squares are centered (more or less!) on the white cardstock.
- Put a sticker in each square.
- Write, stamp or glue your Father's Day greeting inside.
- Craft stores sell packages of pre-cut squares of assorted papers. They're handy to have, and ensure that your lines are straight and crisp.
- Choose colored squares that complement the stickers.
- Scrapbooking stickers are available in a huge variety of themes. Find them at craft stores and dollar stores.