By: Amanda Formaro
Age: 6 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
With fall comes an abundance of apples. Make these cute little candy apples, caramel apples and apples from the orchard with felt foam balls.
What you'll need:
- 3- 2” polystyrene (aka- "Styrofoam") balls
- Felt: red, tan, burgundy, and green
- 2 regular craft sticks
- 1 miniature craft stick
- Brown craft paint
- White craft glue
How to make it:
- From tan, burgundy, and red felt, cut out the pattern.
- Place polystyrene ball in the center of the felt cross and glue in place. (See photo.)
- Glue left and right side up onto the ball first, the ends should meet at the top of the ball.
- Glue the remaining two strips of the cross up the side of the ball, tucking in any felt that may be sticking out.
- For the caramel apple, insert a craft stick down the center of the tan ball.
- For the candy apple, insert a craft stick down the center of the burgundy ball.
- For the orchard apple, first paint the top half of the miniature craft stick with brown paint.
- When dry, insert the unpainted end of the miniature craft stick down the center of the red ball.
- Cut two small leaf shapes from the green felt and glue to the top of the apple near the stem.
- These will make very cute gifts for your new teacher!
- Felt is inexpensive and fun to use, be sure to have plenty on hand for impromptu projects.
- For a fun twist, use 3-D brown fabric paint to add “chocolate” drizzle to the caramel apple!