Felt Cone Christmas Tree Craft
By: Amanda Formaro
Age: 6 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
Christmas trees are symbolic of this fun time of year. Use this felt cone Christmas tree craft to make your own to display on your holiday table!
What you'll need:
- Styrofoam cone
- Felt: green and goldenrod
- Found craft jewels in assorted colors
- 3 stems of red glittery chenille
- 1 stem red skinny chenille
- 1 stem white skinny chenille
- 1 gold sequin
Hot glue gun
How to make it:
- Lay Styrofoam cone on top of felt. Roll up to cover, trim excess, leaving ½” overlap at the bottom of the cone. Glue felt all around the cone. Cut slits in the felt overlap at the bottom, every couple of inches. Glue overlapping flaps to the bottom of the cone.
- Add garland by gluing red glittery chenille stems around the cone
- Glue round craft jewels to the tree as ornaments.
- Twist together red and white skinny chenille stems. Cut in to 1” lengths. Bend top of each length to form a candy cane, glue candy canes to the garland on the tree.
- Cut out a star from the goldenrod felt and glue to the top of the tree. Glue gold sequin to the center of the star.
- Styrofoam cones are available at your local craft supply store and in some discount department stores.
- Change the color of the felt to a lighter green or even white for a different twist, or pick a different color of chenille for the garland.
- If you don’t have craft jewels, use buttons or pony beads for the ornaments.
More Holiday Fun