Felt Flower Necklace
Difficulty: Very Easy
Age: 7 and up
You can make this necklace as plain or fancy as you want. For the simplest project, just use felt flowers and cut straws. To gussy it up, add beads and wrap the straws in fabric.
What you'll need:
- 1/4 yard of cotton fabric in a small-scale print
- Sharp scissors
- Glue stick
- 2 drinking straws, cut into 10 (1-inch) pieces
- 2 or 3 (9-by-18-inch) sheets of Holland felt in bright colors
- Tapestry needle
- 1 yard yarn
- 10 pony beads
- Printable template
How to make it:
- To make fancy straw stems (optional), lay fabric flat and cut into 10.
- Draw 10 flower outlines, each about 1 1/2 inches across, on the felt. Print out flower template. Cut them out.
- Thread the needle with the yarn and string the flower parts on to it.
- Place the garland around your child's neck and tie a bow in the back.
Originally published in Wondertime magazine.