By: Amanda Formaro
Difficulty: Very Easy
Age: 4 and up
This pretty flower is made from nothing more than felt and glue. Kids can make one or a bunch to create their own felt garden today!
What you'll need:
- ½ sheet each pink, white and green felt
- Felt glue
How to make it:
- Using the patterns, cut five large petals from the white felt, five small petals from the pink felt, two leaves from the green felt, and the flower center from the white felt. (See photo.)
- Glue the white petals together in a circular motion to create a flower. (See photo.)
- Do the same with the pink petals, overlapping the white petals. The pink petal tops should rest between two white petal tops to create an overlapping affect. (See photo.)
- Glue the round white felt to the center of the pink petals.
- Scrunch the flower with your fingers to give it a three-dimensional feel. (See photo.)
- Glue the green leaves together and glue the flower to the leaves. (See photo.)
- Larger flowers can be made using the same method, create as many layers as you can fit!
- Our color choices are just suggestions, choose whatever color scheme you like.
- Try this method with paper or fabric for a different challenge.