Felt Mouse Candy Cane Holder
Parental supervision is recommended
Parents and kids can will have fun together making this Felt mouse candy cane holder. This is an excellent Christmas craft that's fast, easy and makes a great ornament for anyone's tree.
What you'll need:
- 6 inch candy canes
- Red felt
- Wiggle eyes
- White yarn (with silver laced through, optional, nice touch)
- Sewing needle with large eye for threading yarn
- Hot glue gun or white craft glue
- Plastic pink jupe or pipe cleaners for whiskers (Jupe, or lanyard, is the flat plastic craft string that the children use to make friendship bracelets.)
- Polyester stuffing
How to make it:
- Cut two 3 inch ovals from red felt. This is the mouse's body. Place ovals together for sewing.
- Using the white yarn, sew a blanket stick around the ovals leaving a one inch opening at one end of the oval.
- Stuff the oval pillow with polyester stuffing.
- Glue two eyes at the other end of the oval.
- Thread through two 3 inch pieces of pink jupe under the eyes, these are the whiskers.
- At the open end, carefully place in the candy cane, this is the tail.
Makes a great little gift for folks who just drop by during the holidays unexpected. Also great gift for groups of children i.e.: classmates, Scouts, etc.