Parental supervision is recommended
A great birthday gift for kids to hang on their door or in their room, this Felt Names craft is sure to spell out fun.
What you'll need:
- Felt of any colour
- Matching thread and needle
- Fabric marker
- Toy stuffing
How to make it:
- Write the letters (about 10cm high) onto the felt (doubled over) with the fabric marker. (you could print out the alphabet on my computer and use them as templates.)
- Cut the letters out and blanket stitch the two halves together leaving a gap to stuff.
- Using a knitting needle or pencil gently stuff small amounts of toy filling into the letters to make them puffy, then finish stitching up. (Hint: With really curvy letters such as S it is easier to stuff a small amount as you stitch around.)
- When all the letters are finished, decide how the letters should be joined together.
- Working at the back of the letters, stitch the letters together only where they join.
- This bluetak (kneadable, adhesive putty) to the wall really easily, or if wool yarn is sewn to the first and last letter, could be hung that way.
- Use a different colour for every letter.
- Put a shape on the ends of the name e.g. hearts or stars.