Felt Present Ornament
By: Amanda Formaro
Difficulty: Very Easy
Age: 3 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
If you have little ones who are too young to finish crafts due to their attention span, this is the perfect project for them. They’ll be so proud when they hang this on the tree!
What you'll need:
- Red, white, and green felt
- 10” strand white yarn
- White craft glue
How to make it:
- Cut a square or rectangle from a piece of red felt.
- Cut two strips from green felt, they should equal the length and height of the red felt square.
- Glue the green felt strips to the red felt to resemble a Christmas present ribbon.
- Cut a “bow” from white felt--a simple flower shape will work!
- Glue the "bow" to the top of the present.
- Fold the yarn in half to create a loop and glue to the back of the present.
- Allow to dry completely.
- For very small children you can cut the pieces ahead of time.
- Children can use any colors that they choose to create their presents.
- Ribbon can be substituted for the yarn and craft foam can be used in place of the felt.