Parental supervision is recommended
The colors of Kwanzaa shine through with this rolled and stacked Fimo clay candleholder craft for kids.
What you'll need:
- Fimo clay in Red, Green, and Black
- Rolling pin (used only for crafts)
- Razor blade or craft knife
- Baking sheet
- Use of an oven
How to make it:
- Knead dough until smooth and pliable.
- Roll out on smooth surface.
- Cut to a size that would be large enough to anchor your candles (you do not want it to tip over).
- Set aside.
- Continue rolling other colors of Fimo and cutting to the size of the first piece.
- Stack the colors, and keep adding more layers until the Kinara is the desired height.
- Push the candles down into the top of the clay until they stand straight and anchored.
Note: You may need to use the craft knife to cut the clay out in a circle around the candle if the Fimo does not bend easily enough to accommodate the candle.
- Remove the candles.
- Place foil on baking sheet and place Fimo on the foil.
- Bake according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Let cool.
- Place your candles in the Kinara.