By: Amanda Formaro
Difficulty: Very Easy
Age: 6 and up
Don't throw away those juice can lids! Kids can make fun musical finger cymbals!
What you'll need:
- 2 juice can lids (from frozen concentrate cans)
- 10" of ½" wide elastic
- Instant grab glue
How to make it:
- Decorate lids with stickers.
- Wrap elastic around child's middle or forefinger to get a measurement. You want the finger to fit inside comfortably without being too loose. Do the same for the child's thumb. (See photo.)
- Secure those two pieces of elastic with instant grab glue and let dry. (See photo.)
- Test the juice can lids by clapping them together. Choose which side you like best to determine which side to attach the elastic finger rings to. Use instant grab glue to secure the finger rings to the juice can lids. Let the glue dry for about 2 hours to ensure that the rings will not come off.
- Watch for sales on stickers at discount department stores, especially after each holiday.
- Elastic can be found in the sewing section.
- Instant grab glue is a great alternative to a hot glue gun. For this particular project, it's best to let it dry for a couple of hours, otherwise when the child puts their finger into the holder, the holder may become detached.