Fingerprint Bell Ornaments
Parental supervision is recommended
Enjoy listening to your Christmas tree jingle with these homemade terra-cotta pot Fingerprint Bell Ornaments personalized with your child's fingerprint.
What you'll need:
- Small terracotta pot
- Green craft paint
- Red craft paint
- Paper (to blot with)
- 4 Tiny jingle bells
- Gold wire (24 gauge, or gauge preferred)
- Wire cutters
How to make it:
- Paint jingle bells, if desired. Let dry.
- Have child dip their fingertip in a small amount of green craft paint. Blot once on paper.
- Press fingertip on terracotta pot. Repeat until finger needs to be dipped again.
- Wash finger off before paint dries!
- Dip Q-Tip in red paint. Dot on or near the fingertips. This makes the holly leaves & berries.
- Let dry.
- Cut a length of wire.
- Tie a loop at one end of the wire for the hanger.
- String on one jingle bell.
- Loop the wire back through the jingle bell about an inch below the loop.
- Put the terra cotta on with the bottom of the pot touching the jingle bell. (see photo)
- String on another jingle bell (inside the terra cotta pot) and loop the wire back through the jingle bell. This holds the terra cotta pot in place. (Yes, this will be a little tricky)
- String on 2 more jingle bells.
- Loop the wire back through the bottom jingle bell. Cut off any excess wire.
- Tie a bow around the (hanging) loop wire.
- Hang on your tree and enjoy.
You could make this with ribbon but would have to get larger jingle bells to be able to loop through the jingle bells.