Fingerprint Flower Vase
By: Amanda Formaro
Difficulty: Very Easy
Age: 3 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
This lovely little vase is perfect for spring, Mother’s Day, Grandparent’s Day or any occasion that involves the beauty of flowers. This painted jar doubles as a keepsake as it's made with your child’s fingerprints!
What you'll need:
- Empty glass jar
- Enamel paint (purple, pink, yellow)
How to make it:
- First, be sure to read the instructions on the back of the enamel paint bottle.
- Be sure glass jar is clean, dry, and all labels have been completely removed.
- Have children dip their fingertips into the paint and dot onto the glass to form the petals of the flowers.
- Repeat this process to dot on the flower centers--alternate the colors (purple flower, yellow center, pink flower, purple center, etc).
- Let paint dry and cure according to directions on enamel paint bottle. This may require baking in the oven, or a longer alternative is air drying for up to three weeks before using.
- Hold jar by the mouth to avoid bumping or grabbing any wet paint.
- Acrylic paints can be used; however they will wash off if jar is washed. To protect it better you can spray entire surface with acrylic sealer, however this can diminish the shiny surface of the glass.
- Top off this keepsake by making our Bouquet of Photo Flowers to put inside!