Parental supervision is recommended
Spark up the dinner table with these festive wooden Firecracker Decorations. Kids can show their red, white and blue pride with this Independence Day craft.
What you'll need:
- 1 (1" thick) Dowel rod
- Drill (optional)
- Red paint
- Blue paint
- White paint
- 6" Twine
- 1 piece of Ribbon
How to make it:
- Cut dowel rod into 3 pieces (6", 5", 4" or whatever lengths you prefer).
- If you have a drill, drill down in one end of each dowel piece about 1/4". (if not skip steps 2 and 6, and glue the twine end down on top)
- Sand the dowel rods ends, rounding slightly if desired.
- Paint your dowel rods with the red, white, and blue paint with patriotic designs. Let dry.
- Cut the twine into 3 (2") pieces.
- Apply a spot of glue into the end of each dowel rod that has a hole drilled in it. Push one end of the twine in the hole. Let dry.
- After the project is dry, tie all three "firecrackers" together and sand up on end.
The thick (straight, not slanted) cardboard spools that are used in some Serger Thread spools would be an alternative to using the dowel rod and having to use the saw and drill.