3-D Fireworks T-Shirt
By: Amanda Formaro
Age: 9 and up
Make this stunning t-shirt to wear for this year’s Fourth of July festivities. Show off your patriotic spirit and creativity--everyone will want to know where you got such a great top.
What you'll need:
- White t-shirt
- Cutting board, cookie sheet or large piece of cardboard
- Wax paper
- Fabric paint (We used Tulip Xtreme 3D.)
How to make it:
- Wash and dry t-shirt, do not use fabric softener.
- Cover cutting board with wax paper and place inside the shirt.
- Lay on a flat surface and smooth out fabric.
- Decorate shirt with fabric paint, making fireworks designs by drawing lines to form a plus sign or an “x” without intersecting in the center.
- Use alternating colors for shorter or longer lines in between the first lines you created. Alternate colors for dots at the end of each line.
- Choose a color and write “USA” at the bottom (we chose Vivid Violet).
- Carefully lift cutting board with shirt and place it in a safe place where it can remain undisturbed for at least 4-5 hours, overnight is best.
- Clothing can be washed inside out after 72 hours.
- Our fireworks are the following color combinations: Vivid Violet & Confetti Blue, Lunar Eclipse & Ignorange, and Lucid Lime & Paradise Pink.
- Tulip Xtreme paints are available in the fabric paint aisle at your local craft store.
- Have your child practice writing with the paint before decorating her shirt.