Flags of Africa Kwanzaa Cards
By: Amanda Formaro
Difficulty: Very Easy
Age: 5 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
Research your family’s heritage, find your flag and make a Happy Kwanzaa card!
What you'll need:
- 1 sheet of white construction paper
- Construction paper in colors of your flag
- Black marker
- White craft glue or glue stick
How to make it:
- First find your flag design. Try looking on Wikipedia.org's "Flags of Africa" page for some ideas.
- Cut pieces for your flag from colored construction paper.
- Fold the white construction paper in half to form a card. Choose which direction your card will open, landscape or portrait.
- Glue your flag to your card.
- Write a greeting on the front of the card with the black marker, such as “Happy Kwanzaa."
- Researching the flag of your heritage can be a fun family project.
- Instead of construction paper, your flag can be printed on a color printer and glued onto your white card.
- Discuss the symbols in your flag with your family.