Fleur-de-Lys Tie Slides
Parental supervision is recommended
Cub scouts can craft their own fleur-de-lys tie slides with a few pieces of craft foam. This makes a great activity for the entire pack, especially if there's a special scoutingoccasion to celebrate.
What you'll need:
- Yellow craft foam fleur-de-lis shape (see Tips area)
- Blue Craft foam fleur-de-lis shape in smaller size
- 1/8" hole punch
- Wire cutters
- Blue chenille stem
How to make it:
- Punch two holes in the yellow fleur-de-lis shape. (See photo)
- Punch two holes to line up with the yellow shape on the blue fleur-de-lys. (see photo)
- Cut a chenille stem in 1/2. (Note: You will not use the other piece in this craft.)
- Lay the blue shape on top of the yellow shape, matching holes up.
- Bend the chenille stem in half and insert through the holes. (See photo)
- Put on your uniform and scarf.
- Twist the chenille stem around the back of the ends of the scarf.
Some of the larger fleur-de-lis punches available for purchase may be able to punch the shape through the thinnest craft foam sheets. Also, you can create a pattern and cut them out of craft foam.
We purchased our fleur-de-lis "foamies" through Making Friends Online Store.