Flower Card for Mom
By: Amanda Formaro
Difficulty: Very Easy
Age: 5 and up
A pretty flower takes center stage in this adorable Mother's Day card that Mom is sure to love receiving.
What you'll need:
- 1 sheet of card stock
- Patterned paper
- Orange construction paper
- Glue stick
- White craft glue
- ½" wide ribbon in two complementary colors
How to make it:
- Fold card stock in half to create the greeting card. (See photo.)
- Print and cut out flower pattern. Trace pattern onto the back of the patterned paper. Cut the flower shape out of the patterned paper, but do not cut the center circle. (See photo.)
- Trace the center circle onto orange construction paper. (See photo.)
- Cut out construction paper circle and glue it to the center of the patterned paper flower. (See photo.)
- Glue the paper flower onto the center of the card.
- Cut ribbon into pieces to create the letter "M". Use white craft glue to "write" the letter "M" onto the card, and then place the ribbon onto the glue. Use glue to tack the ends that overlap. (See photo.)
- Look for pretty ribbons to go on sale, usually immediately following a holiday.
- Your favorite craft supply store often includes coupons on your local newspaper, or you can sign up to receive them online.
- Card stock is much sturdier, but construction paper is a suitable and less expensive option.