Flower Pony Bead Pin
By: Mia Cronan
Age: 5 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
This little pin makes a pretty addition to your child's homemade jewelry collection. It's fun to make and helps develop fine motor skills for those wee hands. You can change the colors to anything you like, and mix and match with cute outfits!
What you'll need:
- 10 medium-large safety pins
- One safety pin (without a coil)
- 100 pony beads in the following colors: 24 red, 12 yellow, 64 sky-blue
- White towel for laying out beads
- Grid included for flower pattern
How to make it:
- Lay beads out on towel.
- String beads onto safety pins (see photo) as shown in the grid in this photo.
- When all ten pins complete, place them on the coil-less safety pin in the order shown.
- We added some green beads in one corner to simulate a flower stem.
- You may choose to add a pretty ribbon that coordinates with the colors in the pin.
- We found that picking up the beads with the pin point was easier than trying to place the beads onto the pin.
Mia is a freelance crafter from NE Ohio where she is an at-home mom to five children, ages 4 through 13.