Easy Spring Flowers
Difficulty: Very Easy
Make sure you put newspaper or something protective under the coffee filters as the markers will bleed through them.
What you'll need:
- Newspapers or protective cover for work area
- Coffee filters
- Bumpy chenille stem (or regular chenille stem)
How to make it:
- Cover work area with newspapers or other protective covering.
- Let children draw or color on 5-7 coffee filters with the markers. Random markings are just fine as detailed drawings won't show up in this project.
- Place one coffee filter decorative side down on the table. Stack other coffee filters decorative side up on top.
- Fold coffee filters in half. Scrunch middle of the coffee filters (starting at the bottom coffee filter).
- Wrap chenille stem tightly around scrunched area to hold in place. Straighten chenille stem to use as flower stem.
- Let the children make a couple and put them in a May Basket.
- Early on the morning of May 1st hang on your mother's door, a neighbor's door, a friend's, or anyone special to you.
- Remember, it's supposed to be a surprise!