Fluffy Lamb Ornament
Parental supervision is recommended
Fluffy and adorable, this Lamb Ornament is a surefire hit with the kids. A little fake lambswool and some old matchsticks become a delightful craft for Easter or Christmas.
What you'll need:
- White fake sherpa (lamb's wool)
- 4 Matchsticks
- Black felt
- 1/8" wide Red ribbon
- Black yarn
- Small gold bell
- Gold cording
- Tacky glue
How to make it:
- Have an adult light all 4 matches and blow them out. Let them cool in a safe place.
- Cut the sherpa into 2 ovals about 3 x 2 1/2".
- Cut 1 triangle out of black felt for the face. Round the end that will be sticking out.
- Cut 2 small ears out of black felt.
- Cut a piece of black yarn about 1 1/2" long.
- Cut a piece of gold cording about 6" long.
- Take one piece of sherpa and put right side down.
- Lay the matchsticks, gold cording, triangular face, and the piece of yarn on the sherpa as per photo.
- Glue down using tacky glue.
- Glue the wrong side of the other piece of sherpa and place down on the inside of the other piece (with all the legs, cording, tail placed on top).
- Press together.
- Unravel yarn to make the tail look bushy.
- Glue an ear on each side of the lamb.
- Thread the bell onto the red ribbon.
- Tie a small bow with the ribbon.
- Glue the ribbon and bell below the lamb's face. (see photo)
- Hang on the tree and enjoy!