Foam Heart Pins
By: Amanda Formaro
Age: 7 and up.
Boys and girls alike will enjoy these fun Valentine pins. This makes a great classroom project and kids can wear their creations home.
What you'll need:
- Large craft foam hearts (blue or pink)
- Colorful beads or alphabet beads
- Glitter glue in blue and pink
- White craft glue
- Pin backs
How to make it:
- For pink heart, draw a heart in the middle of the pink foam heart with white craft glue. Place colorful beads onto the heart shaped glue.
- Squeeze pink glitter glue into the middle of the beaded heart. Let dry.
- For the blue heart, glue letters onto the front spelling out “BE MINE”.
- Pipe green glitter glue around the outer border of the blue heart. Let dry.
- When completely dry, glue a pin back onto the back and let dry.
- Foam hearts are available in any craft supply store and can be bought in small packages or large bonus bags.
- Use an old fishing tackle box to sort out your beads, pins, and buttons.
- If you don’t have glitter glue, pipe white glue on and sprinkle glitter on top and let dry.