Foam Tree Ornament
Difficulty: Very Easy
Parental supervision is recommended
Get out the glue and glitter and turn a craft Foam Tree Ornament into a sparkling delight. A great craft for little kids first learning to create.
What you'll need:
- Green Fun Foam
- Glitter in red, gold, green, and silver
- Glitter glue pen, optional
- Hole punch
How to make it:
- Make a cardboard template of a tree. Cut out.
- Let child trace around the tree using the template.
- Cut out tree.
- Using glue and glitter (optional: use glitter glue pen), let child decorate the tree.
- Let dry.
- Let the child decorate the other side of the tree.
- Let dry.
- Label the ornament with the year and the child's name.
- Use a hole punch to punch a hole near the top of the tree.
- Hang the tree ornament and enjoy!
For the youngest, precut the tree and just let them decorate. You could add a photograph to the tree to make it a photo ornament.
Try making round, oblong or other shapes for ornaments and using different colors of fun foam. You could use construction paper, but we've found the fun foam holds up better from year to year.