How to Perfectly Wrap a Gift
Folding and Taping the Sides
By Chrissa Banner
Average User Rating:
Fold the Sides
- Be sure the box is centered in the paper you've wrapped around it.
- Holding the box firmly in place, fold the sides of the paper against the edges of the box completely, at both ends of the box. This helps keep the box centered.
- Crease the diagonal edges of the upper and lower flaps.
Fold and Tape the Flaps
- With the bottom seam still facing upwards, fold down the upper flaps, gently creasing the paper against the edge of the box.
- Fold up the lower flaps. If the exposed edge of the flap is not straight, or looks a little long, fold under a small amount of paper on both ends of the box.
- Secure the flaps with tape.
Tip: Use the weight of the box itself to more securely wrap the ends. Fold and tape the first end, turn it downwards onto the table, then pull the paper taut and fold and tape the other end.
For extra tips and photos of all of the steps described in our guide, view our gift wrapping slideshow.
More Christmas Fun